Choosing a perfect college which offers the academic major of your choice is a daunting task. Most of us can agree on the rigorous research one has to commit to apart from several counselling. You have to consider a lot of factors— location, educational quality, size, choice of majors, accreditation and opportunities. The college you attend will have a lasting impact on your personality development and career choices.
The type of education you want is a deciding factor for where you should attend college. If you’re going to pursue a career in STEM, you should go for technical research-based colleges. But, if you want to become an entrepreneur, go for a business school. So, deciding over your major will narrow your search to a great extent.
Additionally, almost all the colleges have a different range of acceptable SAT scores. A SAT score of 1400 is relatively high for good colleges but is considered low if you want to get into top-ranked schools. Apart from SAT scores, many International Students have to appear for TOEFL and IELTS as a mandatory language test. To make your search easier, we have made a list of must to follow steps :
What should you do before applying to a college :
Searching for a perfect college can be tiring as there are a lot of factors you need to consider. Here we have listed out specific steps you should follow which will make the search for your dream college a lot easier.
5 Steps For Choosing a College
- Jot down a list: Make a list of all the facilities and amenities you want your college to have. This list will help you narrow down your search to a great extent.
- Visit the colleges you have in your mind: If possible, try to visit the colleges top in your priority list. Check out the campus, dorms and talk to faculty members. List down all the questions before your visit which you want the answers to.
- Be clear about your goal: Focus on your objective before deciding on a particular college. If you want to have a research-based career, try looking for research-oriented colleges, if you’re going to be an entrepreneur, go for business schools.
- Compare financial aid packages: Almost every college offers some financial aid to its students in the form of scholarships. There are lots of tools available on college websites, where you can get an idea of these aids.
- Check out for entrance exams: Maintaining a good SAT, ACT, TOEFL and IELTS scores are essential to get into a college. Check out the minimum SAT and other scores to be eligible for application.
There are many websites and apps that can make your search easier. These websites feature a complete list of various colleges and universities based on the majors. One such platform is All College Search which helps you find the perfect college fit for you.
Why choose All College Search?
All Search College helps you find your dream college with a personalized touch. Find a list of colleges, with other factors like location, SAT scores, scholarships etc. The platform has categorized the areas of studies into the following majors:
- Health Care
- Criminal Justice
- Technology and Engineering
- Natural Healing
- Liberal Arts
Please choose the area of study you want to go for, and you will be shown a complete list of majors related to that field of study and the colleges which offer it. So, click on and take a step towards your dream college.