A College Application Checklist Is Important
Choosing a perfect college is part science and part art: you have to make sure your prospective ALMA MATER offers the academic major and extracurricular activities of your choice. But, many high school students feel both overwhelmed and excited while narrowing down on the institution. And why not? All the college websites look the same, boasting of their rankings, beautiful campus and diversity.
A student will potentially spend four years of their life, including the adult formative years on a college campus. So it is undoubtedly not a decision to be made in a haste. As applying to a college is both time consuming and expensive, make sure that you have narrowed down your search based on factors like location, cost, size, field of your interest, major you want to pursue etc. Therefore, having a college application checklist is essential and makes your work easier.
Making a checklist will surely help you— you can list down all the factors, facilities and amenities you want your dream college to have. And the next time you decide over a particular college, check if it manages to tick most of the boxes in your checklist.
How to create a college application checklist?
Brainstorm all the things you want your ideal college to have and why or why not would you attend a particular college. Of course, your checklist can be flexible, so jot down all the points, facilities you want your dream college to have. The other sure thing is that , you will have to prioritize one factor over the other—not all the items you put in your checklist will carry the same weight. If affordability and location are more relevant to you than give more influence or voting power to it. Here, we have listed some of the most essential college checklist items:
- Check if the college you want to go for offers the major you are interested in.
- Up next, check the cost of education, which will include tuition fees, cost of accommodation, meals and other expenses.
- Find out if the college offers the extracurricular activities you are interested in.
- Check if the campus location provides the kind of social life, climate and career opportunities you want.
- Then, check if the social fabric of the college campus fits your personality.
- Next, check if the class size is suitable according to your learning style.
- Lastly, make sure that the college does not fail to intrigue you and you feel excited about the thought of attending it.
Apart from making a checklist, taking the help of online college search platforms might be a great idea too! All you have to do is create a profile, and you are ready to go. One such platform is College Overview, which will surely help you a great deal in your college search journey.
How to start searching for your dream college with College Overview?
College Overview has information about 7000 different colleges, so after you enter your choice of significant and other details, it will search from the vast database and find a perfect college according to your requirements. Follow these steps to get started:
- Click on the link
- On the top right corner, you will get an option “find a college“, click on it.
- Enter the following details:
- Area of Interest, Current Qualifications, Learning Location Preference, Desired degree level
- After you have filled in all these details, click on the next step.
- Enter your name, Phone Number, Email Address, Address, Zip Code Education level, High School Graduation Year and other required details.
- Click on start your education.
After you have followed all these steps, you will see a list of hundreds of different colleges which suits your preferences. They have mastered the art of helping students establish their career. So, Shape your career now. Apply to the college of your dreams.