Getting into your dream college is difficult but not impossible. While challenges are plenty, following some easy steps can help you narrow down your choices.
What factors should you consider while choosing a college?
There are tons of them, and it would seem no less than a mammoth task to list and then consider all of them. Finding your dream college could not be easier if you only consider some of the factors we have mentioned here:
- Facilities and amenities present on-campus: You will be spending a lot of time on your college campus, so do consider the type of residence halls, on-site services, dining halls and restaurants, Recreation Opportunities the college has to offer.
- Extra-curricular activities: Rather than submerging their heads solely into academics, college-goers like spending their time in extra-curricular activities. So, check if the college you are planning to attend has the amenities and infrastructure you desire.
- Does your campus give you homely vibes?: It is essential to feel comfortable at the place you are going to spend the next 2-4 significant years of your life. Try to take a tour to the college you are planning to get into before your admission and explore the campus. Sign up for college fairs.
Apart from making a check-list of all these factors and then considering them one-by-one, create a profile on College Overview. It is an online college search platform which can help you find your dream college from over 7000 colleges.
Is choosing the right college important?
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character––that is the goal of true education.” It is evident from the said lines that education impacts our personality and thinking abilities for a lifetime. And, to get a good education and shape your future, you first have to get into a good college.
The race to get into a right college might seem exhausting, especially when you have to choose from a thousand different ones, all of which share the same goal. So, finding a good college is important because of the reputation and the status you earn. Moreover, graduating from a reputed college also looks good on your resume and can help you in securing a high paying job.
How Do I Get Into My Dream College?
High school students face a lot of dilemmas while deciding on a particular college, and as a result, they end up often clueless. The reason being, as a student or a parent, you have to consider a lot of factors— if the college offers the major you want to pursue, extra-curricular activities, internship opportunities, sports and club culture, and the list goes on.
After the spring break, high school students start attending college fairs, skimming brochures, practicing for SAT’s and start prepping for college applications. It can be draining. Apart from all these, there are several other factors you need to consider while choosing your dream college.
Why Should I Choose College Overview?
College Overview is an online college search platform, with over 7000 different colleges in its database. All you have to do is:
- Fill in your area of interest.
- Give details about your current qualifications.
- The start date you prefer.
- Learning location preference.
- Your desired degree level.
- Your likeliness to get enrolled into a degree program within the next six months.
After that, College Overview will search its database to match you with a list of probable colleges. You can get relevant information on schools and the programs they offer. For a stronger success rate, choose up to 3 colleges in your wish list. So, click here and get one step close to landing your dream job.